Mice/Mouse Rescue

Hi Natasha,

I'm not sure if you remember me, but we've spoken a few times about my pet mice, Ruby and Rogue. You have always been so helpful to me!

Well, both Ruby and Rogue have passed recently, and I am not looking to keep any more mice as pets, but I have lots of left over bedding, toys, treats, and an aquarium. So I was thinking I could foster mice or a rat for a rescue or something. Or at least donate all my stuff to them. Do you know any good rescues? Any in the Cleveland or Pittsburgh area would be ideal. Let me know what you think of this idea!

Hi Lindsay,

What a lovely idea!

You can't do rats in a tank. Mice are cool. And the thing you can do if not foster, is quarantine.

Are you old enough for Facebook? This rat *and mouse* group is mine:

And that is where I have this kind of data collected :)

I am going to give you PA and Ohio regardless of your geography:

Rat Rod Rescue  (Columbus, OH)

Rattie Tattie (Cincinnati,OH)

Robynís Nest (Miamisburg, OH)

Frisky Ferrets, Fuzzies, & Feathered Friends Rescue and Sanctuary (Youngstown, OH)

Westside Rescue & Sanctuary (Columbus, OH)

CJ's Cavy Caves and Guinea Pig Rescue (Canton, OH)

Amber's Gerbabies (Miamisburg, OH; Gebrils only)

Pyma Rattery (Pierpont, Ohio) <-- I know her; very sweet.

Humane League of Lancaster County (Lancaster, PA)

Judge's Park (Edinburg, PA)

Karni Mata Rescue (Myerstown, PA)

LARE (Lab Animal Rescue & Education)  (Philadelphia, PA)

Philly Rat Rescue (Philadelphia, PA)

St Francis Rat Sanctuary (19149, PA) (under the auspices of the PHILLY RAT RESCUE)

The Pittsburgh Rat Lovers Club & Rescue (Pittsburgh, PA)

Rat Chick Rat Rescue and Advocacy Group (Boothwyn, PA)

Starfish to the Sea Animal Rescue (STAR) (Southwest PA)   

AB&C Small Animal Rescue (Huntingdon, PA)

Chester County SPCA (West Chester, PA)

Given A Chance Rodent Rescue (Allentown, PA)

Hillside SPCA (Pottsville, PA)

Judge's Park Small Animal Rescue (Edinburg, PA)

Montgomery County SPCA (Perkiomenville, PA)

SPCA of Luzerne County (Wilkes-Barre, PA)

2nd Chance Ranch (Emporium, PA) <-- she is super sweet too.

Let me know if you join my FB group :)

squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut