Mice/Mouse suddenly goes crazy?

What could be wronge with our mouse out of the clear blue she just attacked two of our mice and shes acking funny normally shes calm now she is frantically moving? And as i held her she bit me...

Hi Jessica,

I need a little more information to help you find what is going on.  It definitely sounds like something is bothering her!  For the time being it may be best to separate her from the others, place her enclosure in a quiet part of the house away from drafts, noises, and high traffic, and give her a few days to calm down.

Some questions that might help narrow it down:

-How long have you had her and each of her cagemates?  Do you know how old each one is?
-Has anything changed recently - a new diet, new toys, a different bedding, a new person in the house?
-How does she look healthwise - are her eyes bright and clear?  Is she responsive, sleeping during the day, and awake and active at night?  Is she moving normally?  Are there any scabs/missing spots of fur on her coat?  Are her ears, feet, and tail all normal and healthy?
-Has she been drinking and eating well?  Are her stools normal?

It's important to examine her environment closely, as well as her physical appearance and behavior.  If you can find any clues, write me back with as many details as you can and I'll see if I can help you figure it out.

Best of luck!

I can answer questions regarding mice as pets, mouse behavior, color and coat genetics, breeding techniques, and general health questions. I can help with caging and setup, nutrition, social issues, and what to do in most mouse emergencies (such as unplanned litters, injuries, fighting, etc.). I can also assist with questions pertaining to orphaned mouse pups, weaning litters, and questions of mating and birthing. I cannot answer questions about exotic or wild varieties of mice such as spiny or pygmy mice. *****FOR EMERGENCIES, anything requiring immediate medical intervention, PLEASE take your mouse to a professional veterinarian or wildlife rehabilitator who works with mice as soon as possible! IMPORTANT RESOURCES: Raising Orphaned Mice: Orphaned Mice Videos: Natasha's Your First Mouse: General Mouse Help: Mouse Info and Exotic Breeds:

I have enjoyed the companionship of mice nonstop since 2004, and spent a year caring for them in a lab where I learned a great deal about their breeding, social needs, and health. I spent a few years breeding them, specifically working with albinos, marked mice, angora mice, and satins. My education never stopped - I am learning something new every day from current and well-established research thanks to the wonderful folks at the Jackson Laboratory, as well as from my wonderful mousey friends online. I also love learning from my terrific questioners here on AllExperts - you folks keep my passion for these amazing animals alive and well!

East Coast Mouse Association - expired, American Fancy Rat and Mouse Association - expired

Partial University for a B.S. in Microbiology, Partial University for a 2-year degree in Veterinary Technology (RVT cert), C.E. classes in pathogens, aseptic technique, genetics, and applications