Mice/Little Rum (mouse)

Little Rum
Little Rum  

Little Rum
Little Rum  
Hi Natasha, I still didn't get the Revolution in the mail, Little Rum is still in good spirits, eating and drinking very well. Just feel so helpless that I can't help him right away. I am sending you some photos of my handsome little fellow, the tips of his ears are not black, I hope that is a good thing.

I hope you can see something in him, that maybe I could do to help him now.  I took him off the tetracycline and just put him on infant Tylenol. The black stuff on his ears went away.

Ears or no ears he is very handsome, for a little mouse.

Dear Jackie,

There is still the option of using the ivermectin liquid Iver-On for cattle. You would mix it 5 parts water to 1 part Iver-on and rub it into his fur to his skin, not near his ears. Use a soaking sponge to apply. Repeat this once a week for three weeks, deep cleaning his cage and accessories each time. If I didn't recommend that before I was worried about getting it on his wounds. But if you are careful it should be ok.

Yes he is a handsome mouse. A few scars on a man just make him more interesting. :)

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut