Mice/nachos tail red spots ?

nacho tail
nacho tail  
close up of tail
close up of tail  
QUESTION: Today ive attached photos of nachos tail, nacho also has the dragging for and there seems no movement in her tail. So close up nachos tail looks like little scratches. Tell me what you think. Kind Regards :)

Got it. I would still like to know what kind of wheel it is and am wondering if as she was getting weaker she was catching her tail in it??

Posting to a helpful group :)

her wheel
her wheel  
QUESTION: Thanks alot ill send you a photo of her wheel. :)

Hi Tania,

There are two likelihoods.

If the red spots appeared *after* the injury or stroke! it is likely that her tail tingles and she is biting it to try to figure it out.

If they were present beforehand then it is unrelated, and she may have ringworm.

Write back and tell me more. She doesn't have a friend does she?

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut