Mice/Update on Little Rum

Hi Natasha, good and bad news, first the good, the link you gave me for the Revolution, I pleaded with them thru email to send ASAP. I got notice today it is on the way. The bad news is I hope I am not too late, Little Rum his face is spotted and it looks like he scratched off all his hair on the back of his head. I have kept him on the tetracycline and the infant Tylenol. Other then that he eats very well, I make up a little nut mixture of all the different kinds of nuts and sometimes crackers, he is a big fan of Chez-it's he gets one a day, he looks forward to it. And he drinks very well and he is still exploring and showing interest in his tanks but I haven't seen him on his wheel. I can't always stay and watch him so I made a little porch for him where he can get out of his cage and play with a paper towel roll it's all screened in so I don't have to worry about him taking off. He seems in good spirits. My question is when the Revolution gets here where should I give it to him, his head looks like the only effected part and what is left of my little guys ears?  There is no sign of anything out of the ordinary on his little body. Thank you for all your advice. To some it's just a mouse -to me he is more then a mouse.

Hi Jackie,

I was afraid of this. I hope their post is quick. Are you sure you can't find a vet who will sell you a kitten dose with no visit?

Revolution is applied as a single drop on the *skin* not fur, at the back of the neck. That's all. Don't let him wash for ten minutes till it dries.

Best of luck to the little man. He hasn't had it so far (except to have such a loving human mom).

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut