Mice/Carefresh animal bedding

Hi, I'm wondering if Carefresh is an ok bedding for mice. Carefresh was my favorite type of small animal bedding and all of my rodents[mice,guinea pigs,hamsters etc.] have had that type of bedding. I'm aware Carefresh has dye in it and i know thing with dye in them aren't good for mice but Carefresh only uses natural dyes so i'd like to know if thats ok.

Hello again!

Yes, Carefresh is a wonderful bedding for mice.  The dyes are safe in this product, and the only risk as with any bedding is accidentally bringing in mites.  A good safety precaution is to freeze the bedding for 24 hours before use, then thaw it out when you need it.  This is actually the favorite bedding of my mice, as it lets them burrow and play through it the way other beddings do not.  :)

I can answer questions regarding mice as pets, mouse behavior, color and coat genetics, breeding techniques, and general health questions. I can help with caging and setup, nutrition, social issues, and what to do in most mouse emergencies (such as unplanned litters, injuries, fighting, etc.). I can also assist with questions pertaining to orphaned mouse pups, weaning litters, and questions of mating and birthing. I cannot answer questions about exotic or wild varieties of mice such as spiny or pygmy mice. *****FOR EMERGENCIES, anything requiring immediate medical intervention, PLEASE take your mouse to a professional veterinarian or wildlife rehabilitator who works with mice as soon as possible! IMPORTANT RESOURCES: Raising Orphaned Mice: Orphaned Mice Videos: Natasha's Your First Mouse: General Mouse Help: Mouse Info and Exotic Breeds:

I have enjoyed the companionship of mice nonstop since 2004, and spent a year caring for them in a lab where I learned a great deal about their breeding, social needs, and health. I spent a few years breeding them, specifically working with albinos, marked mice, angora mice, and satins. My education never stopped - I am learning something new every day from current and well-established research thanks to the wonderful folks at the Jackson Laboratory, as well as from my wonderful mousey friends online. I also love learning from my terrific questioners here on AllExperts - you folks keep my passion for these amazing animals alive and well!

East Coast Mouse Association - expired, American Fancy Rat and Mouse Association - expired

Partial University for a B.S. in Microbiology, Partial University for a 2-year degree in Veterinary Technology (RVT cert), C.E. classes in pathogens, aseptic technique, genetics, and applications