Mice/boy mouse mateing

my boy mouse mated with my self black befor he died he is a feeder and my girl mouse is a self black. can my girl mouse have babys?

Dear Fiona,

If the mating was successful, she will have babies.

I truly do not recommend breeding your mice again. Mice are very hard to find homes for because males often fight to the death and so they often each need their own cages. You should start right now to find about 8 people who want pet mice.

Let me know if you need more information. For the moment, give her lots of soft nesting material such as kleenex; and feed her a little scrambled egg or nuts (not peanuts).

Best of luck to her.

squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut