Mice/found a baby mouse

Today my cat brought in a nest with a baby mouse init.  At first I thought the baby was dead but after checking it over it started moving.  It's so tiny, eyes closed and barely any hair on it.  Sadly I found the other baby in the yard and it wasn't alive.  I checked on line and found information on how to give it electrolytes and I ran up andgot the KMR formula and I'm trying to feed it.  It's moving around a little and I put it in a box with a heating pad on low under a little soft blanket.  I just don't know how or really what to expect.  I'm not even sure if it has fur because it looks mostly like it has just skin.  Is there anyway to know how old this baby is?  Also how much should I feed it and should I feed it the electrolyte or the formula and ow do I know if any is getting swallowed because I cn't tell if anything is getting into it's mouth let alone his belly.

Dear Aleda,

Most of your answers are in the following question from a couple of days ago:

It is the season to find orphan mice.

The way you can tell if a little pinky mouse is full is that you can see the band of milk in its belly right through its skin.

If it is mostly skin, it is under 5 days old. Compare to these photos:

If there are any questions I have not answered, please let me know.

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut