Mice/Sick female mouse

My female mouse, I think she is 2 months old has been lethargic and just laying around lately and does not interact with her cage mates. I took her out today and put her in another cage and all she did was just go curl up in the water dish. Not sure why she wanted to be all wet and soaked. I tried drying her off and she produced a white mucus discharge from her vagina or anus. She makes clicking or chirping noises when I pick her up but doesn't move and is mostly lazy. What is wrong with her?

Dear Stan,

The only chance your mouse has is an immediate, emergency vet visit. She needs a strong antibiotic- the vet can give  her a shot to try to save her life.

Keep her warm and dry until you get her to the vet. Try to get some warm liquid such as milk with a little honey,  into her if you can.

I wish her the most luck possible.

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut