Mice/One Mouse is hard to handle

I have a question. (well obviously :P). Well I bought three female mice about 4 or 5 months ago. I have a mostly black long haired one with white spots ( named Freyna ), a white one with black spots ( named Athena ), and a blonde one ( named Sophia ). Freyna will let me pick her up whenever I want to. Sometimes she will stare at me to come pick her up. Then the white one, Athena will let me pick her up but sometimes she runs through the cage and I have to chase her with my hand to pick her up. Although Sophia... she just doesn't let me pick her up. None of them have ever bitten me as I had bought them from PetSmart at a young age. But every time I try to pick up Sophia she runs around the cage rally fast. Then once I have finally cupped her into my hands she jumps really high like she's half kangaroo :P. I can never pick her up. So how would you try to coax her into getting her into your hand? I have tried treats but she just doesn't fall for it.

Dear Alexis,

In the following post I have written detailed instructions on how to handle and tame a scared mouse.

You may not have to go through the list of steps. Read the whole thing, but pay careful attention to how I say I handle a jumpy mouse, before the list of instructions; and how to pick up a jumpy mouse, after the instructions.

Good luck and have fun :)

Squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut