Mice/baby mice

One of my female mice just had babies and i had her in with 3 other females. they were helping her clean them, but i don't know if it is safe to keep them all together. i didn't even know she was pregnant. what should i do???

I am in the middle of a rat emergency so I am going to make this quick but easy for you.

Keep them together. Mom mouse will thank you.

Find the site or it might be (addy in my profile too). Click on Mouse Information. There is a huge section on breeding.

If you didn't get her within the last three weeks, a male wild mouse got into the cage. The babies will be crazy. If you can hold them 2-3 times a day, they will be sweet.

Best of luck and enjoy the little babies!!

Squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut