Mice/Raising an orphaned field mouse

I have been raising an orphaned field mouse for about a week now.  Her eyes opened a few days ago and I am starting to wean her.  I just had a few questions. How long do I need to continue to stimulate her to use the bathroom? Also, when can I remove the heating pad?  Thank you so much!

You continue to stimulate her until she is going on her own, which I would think has already happened. You can turn the heat down- put a few more towels between- for a couple of days and then turn it off. You don't want it to be too fast. And her nest should still be in a fairly warm place.

Have fun with her-- she will be an awesome pet :)

Squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut