Mice/severely Dehydrated mouse

I came home from vacation and the man taking care of our pets didn't give any water to one mouse, I believe she is sick from lack of water, she is skinny hunched over, her ears became small and rounded in, her eyes are squinted, she has been drinking and eating a lot since we got home, and she's lost weight, do u thinks she's dehydrated or is it something else? Help! 🐭🐭🐭🐭

Dear Hadley,

It is absolutely amazing that she is alive. She has to go to the vet as an emergency, to be rehydrated. The vet will inject water under her skin. They m.ay be able to train you to also do it at home. She should also be getting an enzyme solution such as pedialyte instead of water. Gatorade is OK too.

You need an exotics or Pocket Pets vet.

The poor, poor dear. The - idiocy and uncaring of some people! This person didn't notice something was wrong?

I assume the water bottle ran out, drained, or stuck. This is why at all times but especially if you go away, you need two water bottles per cage. And always leave carrot and celery sticks in the cage for a durable minimal water supply.

Poor, poor little baby. I hope she survives ok.

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut