Mice/Mouse Mites from Bedding?

Hey Natasha its Emily again,
We are having really bad luck with mites in bedding. It has now spread and Lily has them again. Tomorrow we are all going back to the vet. What kind of bedding is least prone to mites?
Thanks Emily and the girls

Hi Emily,

Mites generally do not come from bedding. That is a ubiquitous myth. Mice simply always have a few mites, and anything that places the least bit of stress on a mouse physically or emotionally can cause a flare-up. It is the same with the respiratory infection myco.

I hope the vet used Revolution. Some vets don't know that it is OK for mice. But I am sure whatever they prescribe will be effective. Revolution is just the most effective and least invasive method.

best of luck and happiness to the mice.

Squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut