Mice/Mice make noises

Well, i do believe it was you i last talked to, so hello there! I last talked about My lillian and Eris being romanced by their Wild mouse partner. He has been caught and released, and all pregnancies ended in miscarriages for both mommas. Now i'm here today to ask you one thing. I've tried everything with them,from changing bedding, food everything, to try to get them to stop sneezing wheezing and making a rattly sound. I'm convinced it's a sinus infection. I've seen you post about a fish antibiotic that would help. And i was wondering what it is? As i can't seem to find the post again. Thank you so much :)

Dear Amber,

It is a respiratory infection and will kill them without antibiotics. Can you get them to a vet? The home methods I can offer through fish meds are inexact. A vet can tell if they have one or two illnesses (myco and a secondary infection)-- requiring one or two meds; and whether it is upper or, as it sounds, pneumonia. You need an exotics vet or a pocket pets vet.

Write back if you can't get to a vet.

Best of luck and health to them.

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut