Mice/Serious mouse facial injury

Hi there, my name is Kat.
My friends little manx female mouse has a missing front right foot and half of the left side of her nose is missing to what seems like the bone. We have no idea how it happened and it only just happened in the past hour at most. We tried to give her a little bit of childrens nurofen but she wasn't interested and she keeps wiping her bloody nose on my hands.
Please help us to help her,

Dewar Kat,

I saw your message about 12 hours later, at about 4 AM and I thought and thought and I could think of nothing but put her to sleep. How do you medicate a mouse who is missing half a nose? I am horrified. Poor poor little girl. If she survived the night I hope you got her to a vet today? At this point an antibiotic shot is probably necessary.

I just wish I could have helped. If she is still alive, and you just can't get to the vet, pick up some fish amoxicillin, doxyxycline, or tetracycline and  write back and I will figure out dosage and mixing. But if she has any chance at all it probably depends on getting her to the vet.

Sad squeaks,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut