Mice/Keep Field Mouse Baby?

Megan wrote at 2014-12-04 01:31:48
Natasha, thanks for your help. I just figured out how to do a followup but I can't upload a pic here. Well, Timmy is definitely a male and definitely a deer mouse. I live in a state with zero hantavirus cases, ever, so I'm okay. He's doing well, he's healthy and sweet and happy. He likes to be held  and petted. He grooms my fingers and purrs. He knows the treat noise I make and climbs up his playgym and jumps on the lid of the cage to accept a sunflower seed. I'm looking for female companionship for him and have two potential adoptees that I need to see. I stopped taking Timmy to work and my husband has warmed up to him. I'm upgrading to probably a 20 gallon aquarium as all the 30 gallons I've found are too tall to easily reach in.  

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut