Mice/Pumpkins face

Pumpkins face
Pumpkins face  
Tamarah I finally was able to get a picture of it, Igor and filbert have the same right around the same place igors seems to be going away, the mommy isn't sleeping with her.

She seems very uncomfortable, she is such a beautiful little mouse I hope you can help her. She eats and drinks and runs around but the two of them don't stay together anymore.

From the picture, it looks like that bump (it looks like a bump - where is the hole?  Is it behind/above that bump?) could be a wart, pimple, scab from a bite, bug bite, or irritation from scratching at an injury, but there is no way for me to definitively diagnose that, or say that it isn't something else.  I know I've suggested multiple times visiting a vet, but I can't remember if there was some reason you could not.  Truthfully, this is a point at which any of your mice with various issues could benefit from just one group visit.  Since this isn't something I can easily identify, I'm not sure I can do much but to try to help *you* figure it out, and strongly encourage you to see a professional.

The fact that they are all located in the same place means there is some cause that all three share.  Look around their cages for clues - dusty bedding?  Spacing of the bars, where they may be rubbing their faces on the same surface repetitively?  What is different for any other mice that do not have the bump?  If any of the injuries are open, you can use triple antibiotic ointment (just a tiny dab, smallest amount you need) to keep debris out of the spot until it heals, but since you said they were skin-colored and not discharging anything, I'm not positive that will do much.  If they are all related (I'm sorry, it's getting tough to remember who is related to whom), it could also be a genetic thing, only, of course, if it is not irritated/discharging/swollen.  If they are not socializing anyways, maybe you could try moving Pumpkin to her own cage and see if it goes away?

I can answer questions regarding mice as pets, mouse behavior, color and coat genetics, breeding techniques, and general health questions. I can help with caging and setup, nutrition, social issues, and what to do in most mouse emergencies (such as unplanned litters, injuries, fighting, etc.). I can also assist with questions pertaining to orphaned mouse pups, weaning litters, and questions of mating and birthing. I cannot answer questions about exotic or wild varieties of mice such as spiny or pygmy mice. *****FOR EMERGENCIES, anything requiring immediate medical intervention, PLEASE take your mouse to a professional veterinarian or wildlife rehabilitator who works with mice as soon as possible! IMPORTANT RESOURCES: Raising Orphaned Mice: Orphaned Mice Videos: Natasha's Your First Mouse: General Mouse Help: Mouse Info and Exotic Breeds:

I have enjoyed the companionship of mice nonstop since 2004, and spent a year caring for them in a lab where I learned a great deal about their breeding, social needs, and health. I spent a few years breeding them, specifically working with albinos, marked mice, angora mice, and satins. My education never stopped - I am learning something new every day from current and well-established research thanks to the wonderful folks at the Jackson Laboratory, as well as from my wonderful mousey friends online. I also love learning from my terrific questioners here on AllExperts - you folks keep my passion for these amazing animals alive and well!

East Coast Mouse Association - expired, American Fancy Rat and Mouse Association - expired

Partial University for a B.S. in Microbiology, Partial University for a 2-year degree in Veterinary Technology (RVT cert), C.E. classes in pathogens, aseptic technique, genetics, and applications