Mice/Identifying baby mice

I am a mouse breeder and I have some 22 day old babies.

I gave them all names but I can only tell two of them apart.
One has a kink in her tail (Kyay) and on has lighter white on
his face (Reovis).

It will be hard to identify them all, there are ten of them!

Do you know of a safe, natural way to keep track of them?

Hi Sunstream,

Food coloring is best. Some people do use permanent marker on the tails; if you do, don't let them wash their tails for five minutes or so. Permanent marker can make one band in several locations, two in different etc or even different colors for the sexes.

Oh I read there were 22 babies, lol! It will be easy.

Squeaks n  giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut