Mice/My pet fancy mouse

I don't know if my pet fancy mouse is sick but she is hunched over a bit and she feels a bit cold. Her ears are kind of off to the side of her head and she doesn't have much energy. I just want to know what is wrong with her, what I can do to help her, and if I need to take her to a vet.

Hi Anika,

Lethargy (lack of energy) and hunching are both potential symptoms of an illness, though I cannot guess which one from here. Yes, she should see a vet right away for a diagnosis and help treating whatever is going on.  Mice do not like to show us when they are in pain, so noticing clues like these are the best way to get her timely help.

If you cannot find a vet to help you or have any other questions please write me back, but visiting a professional is the best thing you can do to help her recover and start feeling more herself.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do,

I can answer questions regarding mice as pets, mouse behavior, color and coat genetics, breeding techniques, and general health questions. I can help with caging and setup, nutrition, social issues, and what to do in most mouse emergencies (such as unplanned litters, injuries, fighting, etc.). I can also assist with questions pertaining to orphaned mouse pups, weaning litters, and questions of mating and birthing. I cannot answer questions about exotic or wild varieties of mice such as spiny or pygmy mice. *****FOR EMERGENCIES, anything requiring immediate medical intervention, PLEASE take your mouse to a professional veterinarian or wildlife rehabilitator who works with mice as soon as possible! IMPORTANT RESOURCES: Raising Orphaned Mice: Orphaned Mice Videos: Natasha's Your First Mouse: General Mouse Help: Mouse Info and Exotic Breeds:

I have enjoyed the companionship of mice nonstop since 2004, and spent a year caring for them in a lab where I learned a great deal about their breeding, social needs, and health. I spent a few years breeding them, specifically working with albinos, marked mice, angora mice, and satins. My education never stopped - I am learning something new every day from current and well-established research thanks to the wonderful folks at the Jackson Laboratory, as well as from my wonderful mousey friends online. I also love learning from my terrific questioners here on AllExperts - you folks keep my passion for these amazing animals alive and well!

East Coast Mouse Association - expired, American Fancy Rat and Mouse Association - expired

Partial University for a B.S. in Microbiology, Partial University for a 2-year degree in Veterinary Technology (RVT cert), C.E. classes in pathogens, aseptic technique, genetics, and applications