Mice/Zeus & Apollo: Mice who fight

Hi Natasha
I have two male mice they are seperated and I hate it. Is there anyway they can love each other.
I know you will have a brilliant answer

Dear Matilda,

There are two things to do if you don't want them to each live alone:

1. Get one or both castrated. If will be hard to find a vet who can do that though. I may be able to find you one if you tell me where you are.

2. Get ASF females, spiny mouse females, or deer mouse females to live with each one. ASF's (African Soft Furs, also called multimammates) are little guys that look like mice but are neither rats not mice. They are a little harder to tame. Spinies can be rather difficult.

There is simply no way to get male mice not to fight, and they will fight to the death. But if you have the cages near they can chat. Really, they do! We just can't hear it. It is too high a frequency.

I am afraid my answer, though true, is not the brilliant one you were hoping for. It's the best I can do!

Squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut