Mice/new mommy mouse has lump

I have never bred mice before so its all new to me. my sweet girl gave birth to three cute little pups about a week ago. They are growing great and are about to open their eyes. My question is about the health of mama mouse. She slimmed way down after having them but she has a big lump in her belly almost like there may have been a fourth baby that didnt come out im concerned about if that lump is normal or not. Could it just be her lady parts getting back to normal or is it something I need to get looked at?

Dear Tiffany,

If the lump is still there she needs to go to the vet.

I am very sorry for the unforgivable delay. I did not realize I had questions piling up on me after I was out for some time.

The babies must be adorable by now!

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut