Mice/How to get my mice to live to age 4

Karen Kennedy wrote at 2016-02-06 03:17:26
You said mice don't live any longer than 2 years. I have 2, male and female, white footed mice that are currently 3 1/2 years old. They're very healthy and energetic. I raised from before their eyes were open. They live in separate tanks because they're brother and sister. I dearly love them. Their names are Peanut and Punkin. I just wanted you to know that it is possible for any animal to live their expected life span.

Sincerely, Karen Kennedy

Karen Kennedy wrote at 2016-02-06 03:37:29
I forgot to add that I remember the exact day and date I first found them because it was 6 months after my son died. I was struggling to make it from day to day at that point. I was outside trying to go through the motions of doing some yard work and happened to look down on the tanbark under our pine trees and there lay 3 very tiny baby mice. I picked them up and decided to try help them survive. I went on the internet and read as much as I could on mice and the rest is history. The one baby died within several days but the other 2 are still living. My son died 4 years ago this month. So I do remember, very well, how old they are because they helped save me.  2/5/16

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut