Microsoft Frontpage/Front Page with no internet

Hi Tina

I noticed that Front Page will insist in rechecking every link and every darn connection each time I make an editing change.  This hangs the process for ages.  Just sits there while I tap my fingers.

Hitting the little stop icon sometimes works but not always.

Is there a way that I can force Front Page to stop looking at the internet.  This would also help me work with FP when I do not have internet.  I am using Windows 7.

I love Front Page because it does all I need for creating simple pages.  I would appreciate your help with this.

Best regards

Recalculate hyperlinks under Tools. This should make things quicker. Do this at the end of each session of editing. I always do it before I publish as well.

What is the link to your site?

Are you using shared borders?

Mmm that was drastic, you get more than one bit of the cherry here you know?

It might be that you were working online instead of working on your hard drive. Sounds like that is what you were doing when you say it 'connected to the internet'. Why didn't you try reinstalling the same version either?

Disappointed we didn't have more of a conversation before you went the drastic route. Never the less you got a solution.

BTW Expression Web 4 is now Free FYI.

Microsoft Frontpage

Tina Clarke

I am a Microsoft MVP - Expression Web (was FrontPage for five years) and have several FP/EW help sites. If I take the time to answer your question, respond in kind and take the time to fill in the ratings and comments - good or bad. Thanks.

I have several FrontPage and Expression Web help sites, ezines and lists.