Microsoft Internet Explorer/Squishing screen problem

I just bought a Samsung Series 3 laptop Windows 8 and when I was accessing a link, I accidentally shrunk and squished the web page and now I can't figure out how to undo it. What's worse is that from now on, each time I access a new link or create a new window, it remains squished. I had to borrow a friend's computer just to ask this question! Any idea on how to undo that? Thanks in advance!

ANSWER: Hi Julian,

Regarding your issue, please try the following workaround.

•Launch a single Internet Explorer window.

•Using mouse drag the corners of the Internet explorer window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the maximize button to enlarge the window.

•Once Internet explorer has opened to the proper size, press ALT key on your keyboard and then click on File and then click on Exit(Do Not close Internet explorer using X on the top)•

• Try to launch new Internet explorer window, it should now open in a full window.

In case you are still facing this issue, please let me know.

Sandeep Handoo

QUESTION: Hello again.

I tried doing what you suggested, but it didn't work. However, I've discovered that by pressing Control and the number zero at the same time and it was fixed. However, the screen on occasion will squish again and I would correct it again by pressing those keys. Is there some way to lock up the screen so that it doesn't squish again?

Hi Julian,

The next step I would recommend is to reset the Internet explorer 10 to its default settings.

-Within Internet Explorer 10, click on Tools (or Alt + X)

-Go to Internet Options

-Click on 'Advanced' tab

-Under Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click 'Reset'

These steps will reset Internet Explorer to its default settings. In case this does not resolve your issue, please let me know.

Sandeep Handoo

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo

I can also answer questions related to Win 98, Win ME, Windows Xp,windows 2000,Windows Vista, Windows 7,Windows 2003 Server,Windows Server 2008, Redhat Linux,Internet connectivity, Virus, Malware, Spyware and home networking.

More than 13 Years of experience.

Graduate in Electronics **_** Post Graduate in computer Science **_** Microsoft Certified Professional **_** Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2003 server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2003 Server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist** MCTS Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration**_**ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.