Microsoft Internet Explorer/Multiple Versions of Browser

Question
Hi Sandeep,

I have a domain name registered through GoDaddy and a website hosted by GoDaddy that I built using their free WebsiteTonight tools. Things appear to have worked fine until I recently upgraded my Browser to IE8.
Their Tech Support has acknowledged that their edit tools do not always work properly with IE8, and since I use XP I can't upgrade to higher than IE8. GoDaddy suggested that I use Firefox but, when I try to do that, some of the edit functionality still does not work. I want to go back and use my earlier version of Explorer to make site edits.
I tried to do a system restore, but that totally messed up my desktop with a lot of wierd writing appearing over the icons. I tried to download IE7 but it won't install over a newer version.
My question is, is there any way I can install both IE8 and IE7 on my machine?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Paul

Answer
Hi Paul,

You cannot install multiple versions of Internet explorer on single installation of XP as per Microsoft unless you don't use any hacks or third party software that usually have flaws. The best way to deal with this situation is to use Virtualization software like Vmware, Virtual Box Or Microsoft Virtual PC.

The virtual pc will act like a stand alone machine within main OS and you can run multiple sessions with different IE versions installed on each session.

I have tried to give you brief information about how to handle your issue. You can test and see which product works for you depending on your hardware specifications.

Note:
-You can uninstall IE 7 or IE 8 from add/remove programs after you install it.
-You cannot uninstall IE 7 or IE 8 if you upgrade your OS to windows xp service pack 3 after IE installation. In that case you have to first uninstall service pack 3 and then only you will be able to uninstall IE.

In case you have any further question, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sandeep Handoo  

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo