Microsoft Internet Explorer/Home page Changing in IE8

I am running windows XP (SP3) on a home build computer now about 9 years old. Tonight I updated my AV program (AVG Free) and then clicked on my browser (IE8) which should have resulted in it booting up to but instead it now goes into AV safe search and tells me that it cannot display the google page. My browser shows in the very bottom that it is trying to find which I assume is google but then says site found and jumps into this av safe search. I dont want it to do this but to boot up into google so how can I achieve this. An abstract point is that my computer is always scanned and cleaned out every day. It boots up from swith on in 42 seconds

Hi Robin,

Please follow the following steps in order to change/remove AVG safe search.

1. Click on start Button, Go to Run window.
2. Type inetcpl.cpl and click OK.
3. Click the Programs tab.
4. Click the Manage add-ons button.
5. Click on Search Providers on the left side and Select the Search Providers item that you want to remove on the right hand side.
6. You can select any of the available search providers in the list, set it as default or remove it. Before removing a search provider, please make sure to set another one as your default search provider. If your favorite search provider is not in the list, click the Find more search providers blue link in the lower part of the window.
7. Also, you could prevent programs from changing your default search provider.
8. All changes are applied immediately; when the configuration suits your needs, simply click
the Close button.

In case you have any issues, please let me know.

Sandeep Handoo

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo

I can also answer questions related to Win 98, Win ME, Windows Xp,windows 2000,Windows Vista, Windows 7,Windows 2003 Server,Windows Server 2008, Redhat Linux,Internet connectivity, Virus, Malware, Spyware and home networking.

More than 13 Years of experience.

Graduate in Electronics **_** Post Graduate in computer Science **_** Microsoft Certified Professional **_** Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2003 server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2003 Server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist** MCTS Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration**_**ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.