Microsoft Internet Explorer/internet issues

My Dell windows 7 home edition was working fine until recently.  Now, when I go on the net with explorer, if I leave the computer for a while and come back, explorer won't work, and when I close and open, it won't open.  I have firefox, and the same thing happens, except when I close and open, it hangs up.  In both cases, I soon find my other programs (word processing) aren't working either, and I have to physically turn off the computer and turn it on again, because when I try to restart from the keyboard, it hangs up when the screen says "quitting windows".  I've tried restoring it to an earlier point, but that didn't help.  Any thoughts?

Hi Don,

Regading your issue please try the following steps.

1. Create a new user profile and test if you encounter the same issue.

2. If above step does not help, restart your computer in the safe mode with networking and check if you notice any issues.

Tip: How to login to safemode with networking

- Restart your computer and when you see the Dell logo tap the "F8 key" on the top of your keyboard continuously until you get the startup menu. Using the down arrow key, select "Safe Mode with Networking" and press enter.

Let me know the outcome and I will assist you further.

Sandeep Handoo  

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo

I can also answer questions related to Win 98, Win ME, Windows Xp,windows 2000,Windows Vista, Windows 7,Windows 2003 Server,Windows Server 2008, Redhat Linux,Internet connectivity, Virus, Malware, Spyware and home networking.

More than 13 Years of experience.

Graduate in Electronics **_** Post Graduate in computer Science **_** Microsoft Certified Professional **_** Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2003 server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2003 Server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist** MCTS Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration**_**ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.