Microsoft Internet Explorer/Virus

Question
Hello.

I tried looking under Google Chrome experts but unfortunately there are no experts in this category. Anyway, I received an email from my mother who informed me about a site entitled, "Search F" and I downloaded it. However, she called me and informed me that she didn't send it to me and she told me to delete it because it is a virus, but it was too late. Now, everytime I open a new window, this link keeps popping up:

http://static.flipora.com/websearch.html?src_type=idle&ref_type=ihome&tv=7.306&t

Could you please instruct me on how I can eliminate this virus from my computer? Thanks!

Julian

Answer
Hi Julian,

In order to remove the spyware from your computer, please try the following steps:

Step 1 : Download Malwarebytes from the internet and run scan on your computer.

Step 2: Uninstall Flipora Search from Windows Control Panel

1. Go to Start > Control Panel.

2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.

3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Flipora Search' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Flipora Search' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Infoaxe

4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.

5. Click OK to proceed with the removal Flipora Search.

Step 3 : Remove the Flipora Search Add-ons and Extensions from your browser

1.   Open Google Chrome.

2.   Locate and click the Wrench icon on top. Then, select Settings from the list.

3.   Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.

4.   Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Flipora Search. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Flipora Search extensions like Infoaxe.

5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove Flipora Search tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.

6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to remove unwanted home page entry and set your preferred default web address.

7. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard.

8. To remove Flipora Search from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.

9. Click OK to save the settings and you may now restart Google Chrome.

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo