Microsoft Internet Explorer/Browsers do not work but connected to Internet
I am running windows 7. My IE had been working fine until my antivirus (avg) found a virus. I quarantined the virus but ever since then none of my browsers work. I get the message "page can't be displayed". My connection to the internet is fine, I can ping websites from the command prompt and get a reply without errors. My wireless connection shows good signal and a good connection and I can print to my wireless printer. Other devices (iPad) on the same wireless router work fine as well. I have tried deleting my antivirus software and restoring windows to a prior date but the browsers still don't work. Any thoughts?
Regarding your issue, I would suggest the following steps.
1. Open the control panel.
2. Click on the Internet options icon.
3 Under the 'connections' tab, click on the 'LAN settings button'.
4. Make sure to Uncheck Use a proxy server for you LAN option.
5 click 'ok'
In case "Uncheck Use a proxy server for you LAN option" is not checked, try to reset the Internet explorer settings to the default.
1. Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
2. Go to your control panel
3. Click on the Internet options icon.
4. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
5. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
In case this also does not resolve your issue, try to re-register the Internet explorer dll files.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
3. At the command prompt, type the following lines, and then press ENTER after each line:
Click OK when you receive the message that DllRegisterServer in FileName succeeded.
Try to open any website to check if your issue has been resolved.
Let me know in case you need any further information.