Microsoft Internet Explorer/Local disc Q

Hi Sandeep,

I went into local disc Q, and under Properties, and noted that the designation of this drive is "not shared". I can highlight "Advanced Sharing" and on that tab, I can click on "Share this folder".

Do you think I should click on it? (I confess, I am always afraid of creating more damage.

You have the patience of a saint!

Hi Donna,

Regarding your question about sharing the drive, it should not prevent you from accessing the drive. The sharing option is only used for sharing the drive on the network with other users. In case you are able to see the security tab when you right click and go into the properties, please let me know as then we can check the user access and make the necessary changes.

Thanks for your patience.

Sandeep Handoo  

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo

I can also answer questions related to Win 98, Win ME, Windows Xp,windows 2000,Windows Vista, Windows 7,Windows 2003 Server,Windows Server 2008, Redhat Linux,Internet connectivity, Virus, Malware, Spyware and home networking.

More than 13 Years of experience.

Graduate in Electronics **_** Post Graduate in computer Science **_** Microsoft Certified Professional **_** Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2003 server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2003 Server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist** MCTS Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration**_**ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.