Microsoft Internet Explorer/Seagate issue follow-up on November 13

Question
QUESTION: Hi Sandeep.

Just wanted to bring you up to date. My Seagate USB 3.0 TB/TO Desktop Drive arrived and I installed it, using the Quick Start instructions (the only instructions that came with it, of course!). It is compatible with Vista. It created a Q drive.

But I am having trouble opening the new drive. I need to do this because my computer does not currently have the capacity to copy all of my documents, whereas the extra space would make it possible. So I registered the unit and sent the following inquiry to Seagate:

"I just installed my unit and it created local disc Q. But when I try to open it I get a message - access denied. I am the administrator. What do I need to do?"

I am opening this on the new drive that you helped me to create, so I am puzzled as to why access would be denied. I am waiting for an answer from them.

I just wanted to keep you up to date. You have been so kind.

Donna

ANSWER: Hi Donna,

I would suggest to following the following link to see if that fixes the access issue with the Seagate external drive.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/203795en

Let me know how it works.

Sandeep Handoo

QUESTION: I am at the section" Advanced Security Settings for Folder"

But instead of a box Stating "Replace owner" it defaults to my new administration, and there is an edit link.  When I click on the edit link, it appears t tells me that I can take ownership, but when I try to, I get a message "Unable to set new owner".

Was I bad in a previous life?

Donna

ANSWER: Hi Donna,

Please try the steps in the other message that I have sent to you and hopefully you should have access to the drive.

Sandeep Handoo

QUESTION: Hello Sandeep,

I have so many messages now that I am not certain which one the "other message is" so I am trying everything and it is pretty frustrating. Would you please be so kind as to resend the one you want me to try? Then I can try it and we can move from there.

Thank you.

Donna

Answer
Hi Donna,

Sorry for the confusion, please try the following steps.

1. Unplug the seagate external drive and then Uninstall the seagate software.

How to uninstall a program in windows vista

-Click Start and choose Control Panel,

-In Control Panel double click on the "Programs and Features" icon.

-Here you can find all the programs and items which are installed in Windows Vista.

-To remove any of them click once on the program you want to uninstall and then click on Uninstall/Change and follow the prompts.

2. Plug the seagate drive back to the computer and check if you are able to access the drive.

3. If you still get access denied message, right click on the seagate drive and select Format and under the file system, select NTFS and under the select the quick Format box and click on start.

4. Once format is complete, please try to access the drive again.

Let me know the result and I will assist you further.

Thanks,

Sandeep Handoo

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo