Microsoft Internet Explorer/Stuck at "In touch with Toshiba" screen

Hi Sandeep,

Since you helped me with my thousand issues the other day my computer has been wonderful, but I am having a problem (I'm using a library computer, by the way). When I turned on my   computer this morning it was installing updates and told me not to turn off my computer. So I didn't. Except that when I came back it was at the black screen "In Touch with Toshiba". There are instructions to Press f2 for setup or f12 for boot device selection but it doe not respond. I tried turning it off and back on. I tried taking out the battery. It keeps returning to the black screen "In Touch with Toshiba". Could you please help me on this forum? Naturally, I was defaulting to me gmail PW, and I have to remember what it is.

12 degrees here. YUK!

Thank you.

Hi Donna,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your computer. I would suggest to try some steps to see if that fixes this issue.

1. Start your computer and when you see the Toshiba logo, continuously tap F8 Key on your laptop keypad and you should see windows advanced options.

2. Using the down arrow key, please select the option "Last Known Good Configuration" and press enter.

3. Windows should attempt to boot to the desktop.

Let me know in case that does not help.

Sandeep Handoo

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo

I can also answer questions related to Win 98, Win ME, Windows Xp,windows 2000,Windows Vista, Windows 7,Windows 2003 Server,Windows Server 2008, Redhat Linux,Internet connectivity, Virus, Malware, Spyware and home networking.

More than 13 Years of experience.

Graduate in Electronics **_** Post Graduate in computer Science **_** Microsoft Certified Professional **_** Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2003 server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2003 Server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist** MCTS Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration**_**ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.