Microsoft Internet Explorer/Vista 7

I am a fellow Expert. I love to help people. I know how valuable your time must be. I hope that you can help me.

When I logged onto my computer this morning, I got the following message:

User profile service failed logon.  User profile cannot be loaded.

I signed in as a guest, which it let me do by using my administrator password, but although I have tried several diagnostics, but I cannot get into any of my documents or my password file. I tried Microsoft's "Fix a corrupted user profile" and it doesn't work for me because when I try the option of  creating a new user profile, the words "Create a new account" don't appear. I have used safe mode. I have tried many things.

I have tons of documents with years behind them. I also should tell you that I have Carbonite, so my computer is in fact backed up. But I cannot access any of my files, nor can I create a set point in the past.

I have a wireless internet connection. I use Google Chrome and my operating system is Windows Vista.

Could you please help this frazzled individual?

Thank you.

Hi Donna,

Regarding your issue, please note that Guest account will not let you create a new user account. I would suggest the following steps:

-Restart the computer in the safe mode and once you are at the logon screen, please select Administrator account to login. Once you have logged in using the administrator account, create a new user profile from the control panel with full admin rights. Restart the computer in the normal mode and try to login with the new user account.

Once you have logged in successfully, try to browse the old user profile and copy the files across to the new user profile.

In case you need further assistance, please let me know.

Sandeep Handoo

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo

I can also answer questions related to Win 98, Win ME, Windows Xp,windows 2000,Windows Vista, Windows 7,Windows 2003 Server,Windows Server 2008, Redhat Linux,Internet connectivity, Virus, Malware, Spyware and home networking.

More than 13 Years of experience.

Graduate in Electronics **_** Post Graduate in computer Science **_** Microsoft Certified Professional **_** Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2003 server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2003 Server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist** MCTS Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration**_**ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.