Microsoft Internet Explorer/Explorer not working

QUESTION: The company I work for has a server and about 12 PCs.  We have 2 PCs that Internet Explorer stopped working on.  The program opens but never loads the home page.  Google Chrome works but Internet Explorer does not.  Where should I look to find the cause for this issue?

ANSWER: Hi Steve,

Regarding your issue, I would suggest couple of options.

Option 1

Check Lan settings under Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings
  *In case your company uses proxy server, make sure that address is there and is enabled.
  *In case you do not user any proxy server, then make sure everything is unticked.

Options 2

Launch Internet explorer with (no add-ons), and if it works fine then this issue is caused by some add-on. In order to find problem causing add-on, you need to disable all the add-ons and enable them one at time to find out the problem causing add-on.

Option 3
Untick "Enable Third party browser extensions" under Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab.

Option 4
Reset Internet explorer settings to default and also clear cookies and temp files.

Option 5
Re-register Internet explorer Dll files
 -Click Start, and then click Run.
 -In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
 -At the command prompt, type the following lines, and then press ENTER after each line:
  regsvr32 softpub.dll
  regsvr32 wintrust.dll
  regsvr32 initpki.dll
  regsvr32 dssenh.dll
  regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
  regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
  regsvr32 sccbase.dll
  regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
  regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Option 6

Try to replicate this issue from a different user profile

Sandeep Handoo

QUESTION: Option 1.  No proxy.

Option 2.  I opened IE with no add-ons and it works, but opening the non-functional IE and disabling all add-ons did not resolve the issue.  Also, on one of the PCs, the menu system is not displaying.  I can do ALT-T and get the tools menu but right click the header bar to turn on the menu bar and the menu bar never shows.

Option 3.  Did not see third party option to unpick.

Option 4.  No improvement.

Option 5   Received errors

wintrust.dll, DllRegisterServer failed 0x8007005
initpki.dll,  failed to load
gpkcsp.dll,   failed to load
sccbase.dll,   failed to load
slbcsp.dll,   failed to load
crytpdlg.dll  0x8004005

I also tried going to a good machine, copy iexplore.exe to flash, rename to iexplore1.exe and paste to the same folder of defective machine.  It behaved same as the iexplore.exe.

Hi Steve,

Regarding option number 2, please go to the following link for more details

Option 3 : To disable third party extension
Click on start>Run>Type inetcpl.cpl and click on Ok
Click on Advanced tab and untick "Enable third party browser extensions"

If it still does not work, then you can try to run system file checker

Let me know if that helps.

Sandeep Handoo

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo

I can also answer questions related to Win 98, Win ME, Windows Xp,windows 2000,Windows Vista, Windows 7,Windows 2003 Server,Windows Server 2008, Redhat Linux,Internet connectivity, Virus, Malware, Spyware and home networking.

More than 13 Years of experience.

Graduate in Electronics **_** Post Graduate in computer Science **_** Microsoft Certified Professional **_** Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Windows 2003 server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Windows 2003 Server Security**_** Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist** MCTS Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuration/Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration**_**ITIL V3 Foundation Certified.