Microsoft Internet Explorer/iE8 Favorites

Question
QUESTION: I have Win7 64Bit and iE8 64Bit.

If I want to Organize my Favorites I did go to Favorites Tab then Organize Favorites.

Now it does not work I just get a BOX telling me Error :100 Invalid Class String.

So now I have to go to the top Left side and click the BIG STAR with the word Favorite.

Then I can go in here and Oganize my Favorites.

I found on the net a REGEDIT fix go to
hkey-current-user/software/microsoft/windows/current version/explorer/menu order/favorites

And Delete everything under Favorites Tree I did this.

And Delete the Order and Value.

I can only Delete the Order noot the Value Key.

I restart system and nothing.

Can you help?

Or did I just Lockup iE8 somehow?

ANSWER: Hi Bob,

Regarding your issue, please try the following steps:

1. Open command propmt with Admin rights.

2. Type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press enter.

3. You should see the "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded." message box

4. Logoff and login back again and test if you able to organize your favourites.

Thanks,

Sandeep Handoo

QUESTION: I Right click on Command Prompt and click Run As ADMIN.

In the Command Prompt screen I type
regsvr32 jscript.dll

and yes the BOX you say came up so I Log Off and Log back in and the same thing happens with iE8??

ANSWER: Hi Bob,

Since registering the dll file and registry fix has not fixed your issue, I would suggest few more steps and if they don't resolve the issue then you may need to upgrade your browser to the latest version.

Option 1

1. Click on tools>Internet Options>Advanced and uncheck "Enable Third Party browser extensions".

2. Close all instances of Internet explorer and launch it again and in case that does not fix the issue, try option 2.

Option 2

1. Create a new user profile from the control panel>User accounts.

2. Login with the user profile and test if it is working.

3. In case it works from the new profile, then you may have move your data from the old profile to the new profile so as to use the working profile.

In case you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sandeep Handoo

QUESTION: Yes I just made a new User Account and Loged Into it and tryed iE.

And I put some things in Favorites and then click Favorites Tab and Organize Favorites.

And the same Box came up Error 100 Invalide Class String.

And yes I Unchecked Enable Third Party Extaintions.

And no good.

Do you have any other thoughts??

Answer
Hi Bob,

The next step would be to either use system restore and restore it back to the time when it was working fine or upgrade your current Internet Explorer to the latest version.

In case you need further assistance, please feel free to write back to me.

Thanks,

Sandeep Handoo  

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo