Microsoft Internet Explorer/I can't paste my urls..huh?

Question
QUESTION: I am subscribed to a number of scientific youtube channels & make frequent comments on their videos. My problem is this: sometimes I can copy an url and paste it into my comment & sometimes I can't. I don't understand why as I do it the same every time & can always paste an url in my Word program. It doesn't make any difference whether I use IE or go through Firefox.

Do you think I may have a virus? Occasionally on visiting sites my malware anti virus program pops up saying it has detected malware. The popup box closes so quickly I don't have time to read it much less write the info down to give you the information. Can you advise me please? Thank you

ANSWER: Hi Chris,

I think the issue you are experiencing is due to the antivirus/firewall or anti spyware software that may be treating the URL as a threat and as a result may not be allowing you to copy it. You can test that by booting your computer in 'safe mode with networking' by tapping function key F8 while starting your computer.

If you are able to copy all the URLs properly in safe mode with networking, then you may need to fine tune your security software.

Let me know If you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Sandeep Handoo

QUESTION: Well, trying the F8 didn't show me anything different when turning on my Dell. So I tried rebooting in safe mode according to Dell 8.1 instructions. Didn't see any change except Oh dear, as of last night a lot of the photos on my youtube playlist don't show up & now appear as small black boxes with an x. This can't be good, I'm hoping it's youtube that's having a problem. In any case maybe you need to tell me how to fine tune my pc? Thank you very much.

Answer
Hi Chris,

I would suggest to check if you experience the same issue from another user profile.

To create a new user profile in Windows 7

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button
2. Click Control Panel and then click on User Accounts and Family Safety, and then User Accounts.
3. Click Manage another account
4. Click Create a new account.

To create a Microsoft account windows 8

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
2. Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click Other accounts.
3. Tap or click Add an account.
4. Enter the account info for this person to sign in to Windows.

Once you log in from the new user profile, please test youtube again and see if you experience the same issue. If it works fine then you may need to move your data from the old user profile to the new profile and if you need help with that, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sandeep Handoo

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Sandeep Handoo