Microsoft Outlook/Delete emails from server

Hello Nancy
I am running Outlook 2010 and keep getting messages taht my incoming emails are being rejected because I have exceeded my limit.
It has been suggested that I delete my current email address which is in IMAP/SMTP format and re-create it as a POP3 account, whereby I can the have my emails removed from the server after they are read.
I have been told that this will not delete those emails currently held in my inbox, etc. I am not sure that this is correct though.
Perhaps you could help me
Many thanks

Hello John - you should be able to go to your webmail and delete the emails.  Most if not all ISP's who provide an email service have a webmail connection.  Usually it is something like...

http://www.webmail.????.net   The ??? equal the service name.  If your email address is then you go to for example.

This is not an Outlook issue, even though Outlook does offer the option to leave emails on the server or to delete after so many days.  This feature is available when you set up an account in Outlook.

All the best - Happy New Year

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010