Microsoft Outlook/Follow Up Outlook

Hi Nancy;
Thanks for your quick response to my earlier question!
So if I understand you correctly:
1. I can setup Outlook 2013 on my laptop to see e-mails the same way as on my desktop computer?
2.I can do a Sent/Receive new mail to the account on the laptop PC and it will still leave all the mail on the server if I set it up as shown in screen shot you sent to me?
3.If I save e-mail to a PST that is local and I will not see them on the other PC? Will they still be on the server?

Jim, this is how I have my computers set.  I can go to any computer and download emails as if they had not been read.

There is no difference from a Laptop and a PC when setting up Outlook.

If you are on an exchange server at work then there may be other issues that you have no control over.

#3.  I am not clear what this means.If you SAVE an email to a computer's hard drive, it will not be on a remote server.  

Emails sent from one computer will not be seen on another computer or on the server.

If you are concerned.  Move all the emails on the server, except for one to a new folder.  Create the account and do a send and receive .  You should get that one email and it should still be on the server.  You can then move the emails back to their original location.

I would caution again.  If you have thousands or even hundred's of emails they will be downloaded to the computer you just set up the new email account on.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010