Microsoft Outlook/Showing E-Mail

Question
If i open my Yahoo mail folder i have E-Mail there.
I close Yahoo mail & open Outlook & i Have my Yahoo mail there,but when i reopen Yahoo Mail there is no New mail there.
Why does it dissappear in Yahoo Mail, is it a setting ?

Answer
There are variables determined by how you have set up the Yahoo account and if it is the free service or if you have upgraded.  It sounds like the emails are being downloaded from the server when you view them in Outlook.

You might check within Outlook < Accounts Settings  > edit/change > More settings > Advanced TAB >
There is an option to Leave a copy of message on the server or remove them after so many days.  Hopefully this is what you are looking for.  If not than you would need to go to your Yahoo account settings > Options.

Nancy

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski