Microsoft Outlook/Outlook 2010 as Email client

Hi Nancy;
I recently migrated from ATT Email service to Optimum cable Email service. I also decided to make Outlook 2010 my Email client. All of the settings were made to accomplish that. But now I can send Emails via Outlook, but my Email input is sent to my Optimum inbox. The Optimum support people cannot determine the problem. Do you have any insight as to what is causing the situation.
Not a show stopper but technically strange.
Thanks for volunteering.

Nicholas - If I understand correctly you have changed your service provider for your email from ATT to Optimum.

Email does go to the service provider first and email is available online through webmail.  How long the emails stay on the server can be defined within Outlook.

I feel that your connection from Outlook to Optimum needs to be reviewed.  I have never heard of Optimum and they would certainly have a better handle on this than I.  In instances like this the obvious is often missed.  

Perhaps the following will be helpful.

I hope it works out.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010