Microsoft Outlook/finding emails

I have Outlook 2007 and have a heap of unread emails in my "Unread Mail" Folder. But I don't know which actual folder they are in. I must have made rules for them, but when I check the "tools/rules and alerts I cannot seem to find them listed. Is there any other way of checking?

ANSWER: Hi Robbie - what I would suggest is that you add the Folder name column to your Unread mail folder .

You can right click on a column heading like Subject or from and select field chooser.  Select In Folder.  If you do not see In Folder click on the drop down arrow and select all mail fields.

I hope this helps.

QUESTION: Brilliant...thanks Nancy, just another quick question if I might. Now that I know which folder they are in, is there a way to cancel the rule so the files stay in my inbox instead of following the filing rule...without going to "tools/rules and alerts...because I can't find them in there.

Robbie - is this a home PC or one at work on an exchange server?

If you have more than one email account the rules may not be in synch.

There is a  /cleanclientrules switch which I have not used, you would have to check further on if this would apply to your situation.

It is odd that you can't see the Rules in the Rules box.  Do you have any Rules set at all?

If you do, I would delete them all and start over.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010