Microsoft Outlook/Sound when receiveing mail.

In Windows 8 & Outlook 2013 i selected in Options Play a sound in Message arrival.
In Control Panel,Sounds i selected the Wav file i want to play & installed it into the Windows,Media folder. then i selected it in NEW MAIL NOTIFICATION & also in DESKTOP MAIL NOTIFICATION.
I tested it & it plays.
Now when i use Outlook it still Plays the default sound.
How can i get my sound to play ?

Richard - In Windows 8 and Outlook 2013 I went to the control panel and selected system sounds, I clicked on Windows > New Mail notification and browsed for a system sound. The sounds options are *.wav files.  I applied and clicked ok.

The new email did use the newly applied sound.

I would ask how large is the wav file that you are trying to use.  The largest I saw in the list of available system sounds was less than 200kb.

If you selected a *.wav that is significantly larger this may be the issue.

The only thing I see as a variable is the size of the *.wav file.

I believe I understand you have installed the sound in C:\ windows > Media

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010