Microsoft Outlook/how to install Outlook and how to connect it to the Internet

Hello, Nancy, and Merry Christmas!

I want to buy Microsoft Outlook 2010 or 2013 on line. The description shows

"32/64 bits DVD"

What does this mean? what is 32/64 bits? does DVD mean that I will receive a disc that I install in the flash drive?

Secondly..what I have read about Outlook tells me that I have to connect it to the Internet. That makes sense, but the details of how to connect scares me off!
Is this a complicated procedure?  I have an Internet connection via my Verizon line and DSL which I'm using for emailing and access to Internet sites, but I don't know anything beyond that when it comes to connecting Outlook to the Internet.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays

Chris - 32/64 refers to the version on Windows you have installed on your computer.  

For details refer to...

Yes, DVD means you will (should) receive an installation disk.  You do not install on a Flash Drive, you install on the Hard Drive of your computer.

You already have access to the internet so once you install outlook you will setup your email account per Verizon's instructions which they make readily available.  

You also have the option of using a free service offered by Microsoft.

You will need to know which version of Windows you have on your computer before installing Outlook.

The following should help you determine which version you have.

I hope this helps a little.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010