Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Rules

I usually read my emails, then categorise them and then manually move them to folders corresponding to the categories. I have tried using rules so that they move automatically as soon as I assign a category but the rule won't run until I use the "run rule now" command buried in the Manage Rules dialogue.
Can I make the rule run always? or,
Can I get a button on the toolbar that will runa a rule?

I'm using MS Outlook 2010.

Tony - I am not aware of a way to have a rule run automatically when assigning a category unless it is SQL.

However, you can add the "Run Rules now" command button to the Quick Access Toolbar.

The following is a tutorial for customizing the Quick Access Toolbar.

When the customize window opens be sure to select "All Commands", it opens up with Popular Commands.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010