Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Account Verification

QUESTION: Hi, I'm hoping you can help me with a problem I'm running into on my account. Whenever I try to send a message, a pop up tells me that they've noticed some unusual activity on my account and that I should verify it with my phone number. I don't want to give them my number. I didn't do anything unusual either. What should I do?

ANSWER: You have been either spammed or you have a virus, most likely a virus.  Make sure your virus protection is up to date and scan y our computer.  in the meantime you can access  your mail and send mail using webmail.  Check your provider if you are not sure.  Just go to the website  you use to get an internet connection.

Do no give out any of your personal information.

QUESTION: I ran the Norton Antivirus Full System scan and all my viruses are gone but I still can't seem to send a message through outlook. I visited Webmail but they ask me for my phone number as well.
Outlook tells me: Please verify your account. We've noticed some unusual activity in your Outlook account. To protect you, we've temporarily blocked your account.
Then it gives me two options: Verify and Close

What should I do?

It appears that others are having this same problem.  I would suggest going directly to Microsoft.

If this doesn't help.  Do a search on the error message.

One of the other options is to reset your email password from Webmail account by clicking on "forgot password"

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010