Microsoft Outlook/Outlook 2007 eMail encoding

When reading my eMail, I sometimes get funny looking characters in the body. It seems to be happening to words with an apostrophe in them like "it's" and possessive words like "Moore's Law". Where the apostrophe has been replaced with funny characters. I've looked at the encoding selection, what should my encoding be set at? Or, what other setting should I change to correct this? I'm on XP, use Outlook 2007 and I live in the U.S.

Thx ahead of time!

Jim, sometimes this means you do not have the font installed that was used for the email.  

There is also a discussion at the following.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010