Microsoft Outlook/Importing Data to Outlook

Question
QUESTION: I am attempting to import data from a spreadsheet to my contacts in Outlook.  All 39 columns have titles and the data starts in A1.  The file type is CSV and everything seems to be working fine except for one of the columns of data -- the column headed "Nickname" does not get mapped over.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

ANSWER: Jack, what version of Outlook are you using?

Did you check the mapped fields and does your version of Outlook offer a Nickname field?

Nancy

QUESTION: Outlook version is 2013.  And yes, this version not only offers a Nickname option, that column shows up along with all the other columns but Nickname has no data in it.

Answer
Hi Jack, I am using 2013 and exports my contacts to a CSV file, I did not see any Nickname field.

In looking further I found the following...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-outlook/how-can-i-c

Outlook doesn't use nicknames. There is a nickname field on the Details page of a contact but Outlook doesn't use it.  Outlook 2013 doesn't use an NK2 (although both the Stream Outlook 2013 uses and  an NK2 can be edited, but it's not recommended and really won't help you.)

I hope this helps.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski