Microsoft Outlook/Categories

QUESTION: Nancy, I'm using Outlook 2003. Is there a way to input an entire list of categories into the Master Category list? I'm talking a list of 126 of them. I'd love to do it in one fell swoop!

ANSWER: Sara, you might review the following.

QUESTION: Thank you, Nancy, but that article appears to explain how to *export* categories from Outlook.

I need to *import* a list of custom categories *into* the program. Haven't had any luck finding an answer online yet...

Hi, Where did you plan on importing from?  Another computer? An excel file?

I would export a contact into a CSV file to get the format
then use this file and populate the category field for 125 records

You should end up with 126 contacts and their categories from there you might be able to add to the category main list when you open the category window.

Now, I have not worked in 2003 in a very long time and Microsoft no longer supports 2003, so this is a suggestion off the top of my head.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski

Creating,sending, receiving e-mail, scheduling calendar items, tasks, using the journal, recurring appointments, default settings, Office 2003, Vista, 2007, 2010, 2013.

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Instructional design and test writer for Skills Advantage,

Microsoft Master Certified and ICDL certified Microsoft Office 2010