Microsoft Outlook/Outlook E-mail

Question
Hi Nancy,

I have Office 2007.

I went to check my e-mail yesterday and I had 647 e-mails waiting to come in.  It took over 7 hours to say only 5 were left to come in. The strange thing is that non of the e-mails went into any of the Outlook folders.  I have no idea what happened.  Then Outlook said receiving 2 of 720, and again no e-mail came into any of the outlook folders.

Outlook has been working for over 5 years and I never had this issue before.  Hopefully you can help,

Answer
Steven, I have not seen this before.  I have seen where POP3 accounts will send duplicate email to the inbox, but not a prompt that emails are coming and then non are received.

My first step when I see something that does not make sense is to go to Webmail, signin and check the inbox.  What is there?  Are there hundreds of emails?  If not then I would be very suspicious.

I would run a virus check for sure.

If you post again, be sure to include if you are on an exchange server at work and if so if you have checked with the network administrator.

Microsoft Outlook

Nancy Janyszeski